EDF Energy is one of the UK\’s leading energy suppliers. It incorporates a few suppliers under one umbrella corporation, previously known across the UK as London Energy, Seeboard Energy and SWEB Energy. EDF recently ditched these smaller brands and launched a new look under a single name.
Compare EDF Energy against all UK energy suppliers
EDF Energy employs over 11,000 people, and supplies gas and electricity to over five million customer accounts. It is one of the largest regulated and private networks operators in the UK, and distributes electricity to over a quarter of the country\’s population. EDF manages energy from the moment it\’s harnessed, to the second it\’s used, with expertise in generation, distribution and supply. It is also one of the largest developers of offshore wind generation in the UK.
In the last five years the company has acquired the supply businesses of SWEB Energy and Seeboard Energy, the Sutton Bridge, West Burton and Cottam power stations, and the TXU and Seeboard networks businesses.
EDF Energy’s products and services
- Online account management – You can enter your meter readings online for more accurate gas and electricity bills
- Sign up for direct debit – Budget your bills with equal monthly payments across the year
- Prepayment – Options where prepayment customers pay exactly the same for electricity as customers who receive quarterly bills
- Priority services – EDF Energy offers a range of special services for customers with particular requirements, eg elderly, disabled or chronically ill people
- Insurance – EDF Energy has teamed up with Direct Assist and Homeserve to bring you a boiler care plan, electric heating cover and electrical emergency and breakdown cover
- Environmentally friendly – A green energy tariff for those who’d like to contribute towards a cleaner environment.
For more information about particular EDF Energy tariffs and to find out whether they’re the right choice for your household, use our energy comparison calculator.